Friday, December 03, 2010

The Future is Here

I don't post a lot about what I do for a living (I mean, what I do besides being a mom, wife and Brooklynite), but after seeing the presentation Business Insider did about about the Future of Media I felt compelled to do so.

They have outlined some crazy numbers comparing New Media (Google, Apple, Facebook, Twitter, etc) compared to Old Media (NBC, Comcast, Disney, etc) and the digital wave is killing them.
As Old Media is trying to figure out how to survive in the new digital world, I think they are making a fundamental mistake..... they are looking at them separately. The analog and digital convergence is here and media companies need to rip off the band-aid and give consumers what they want, when they want it and how they want it. It's that simple.

Check out the preso here.

No comments: